It's true Covering the Corner is looking for a new writer join our staff. To apply, there is a quick form to fill out which you can do in a minute. Before I get to that, though, I want to make it clear what we're looking for so you know if you're a fit for us, and more importantly if we're a fit for you. What we're looking for:Dedicated, passionate Guardians fans first and foremost. I would rather have a sloppy, smart writer who loves the Guards more than someone proficient in AP-style formatting and ready to slap tables hither and thither who doesn't understand the importance of SpongeBob in the Guardians mythos James Karinchak T-Shirt. Previous writing experience is obviously a plus, but if you don't have any kind of resume there are a couple of prompts in the questionnaire you can do as a kind of proving ground. This is a paid position, but it isn't much, so people with little-to-no writing experience are perfectly fine to apply. Specifically, at the moment, we're looking for someone to fulfill one or two posts per week that can be taking a recap or two, a random short news post, or deeper analysis posts on your own schedule. No matter what kind of article you're interested in doing on a regular basis, Covering the Corner is a statistically-minded blog underneath all the other bizarre things we do, so having a firm grasp of sabermetrics and analytical thinking is a huge plus, as is being able to explain complicated stats for easy reading. Because as much as a lot of our readership love advanced stats, most don't want to wade through a Ph. D. thesis to understand what makes Emmanuel Clase's cutter so good. In short, we're not looking for someone who can just regurgitate stats. We're looking for fun and unique voices. https://www.cgteamstore.com/johnathan-rodriguez-hoodie. who can also regurgitate stats. Right up front, I also just want to say this is a paid position but don't run out quitting your day job or cramming in a four-year journalism degree to earn a spot writing here. The stipend is, unfortunately, out of my control $100 per month as dictated by a strict budget from Vox. As everyone on the Covering the Corner staff can attest, I try to take that into account with how much I ask of writers I know you're not doing it for much pay and mostly "for exposure," for whatever that's worth. If that's not enough money for your time, I fully understand. If you are just looking for exposure without even a hint of pressure to write every week for a small stipend, consider dropping a FanPost or two to get some eyes on your work and likely some feedback from the CTC community. Feel free to contact me via email or a DM on Twitter if you have questions, but only entries through the form below are being considered. So please fill that out!How to apply: Fill this out, simple as that.