WhiteHatBox
Share Page
Following(0)
Partner(s)
Constantine89h

*****TRYING TO DOWNLOAD WITH BOTCHIEF EDITOR****

ReplyThanks 2016/11/01 14:11:32 0 0
For some reason, it works for most pages, but a specific page that I need the download timeouts. How do I correct this issue so that it downloads?
Aprilcaicai
2016/11/01 23:03:52

Hello, can you give me more details? Like what action did you use? And what are the settings for it? And which site data did you want to download? Thanks

Usually the timeout problem is caused by your network.

Constantine89h
2016/11/02 12:50:28

Hi, Aprilcaicai,

I am not able to give specific site details because it is private with a login and password. But the file is usually 2GB in size and is a large zip file. As for settings, I set the download location and I click on the hyperlink which launches a popup that says 0% downloaded. On other websites it downloads to 100% however, because I believe the file is so large there is not enough time for the download to initialize before it times out. I know this because on the bottom of the bot it says "download timed out." I know its not a network issue because I am currently clocking with 80Mbps internet. I am honestly not sure what is causing the download to not download but if I try downloading manually, it takes about 2 minutes before the download actually starts downloading. I think this is more of the issue than network issues. I dont believe the download initializes quickly enough.

Any thoughts? That is just an educated guess since I know it works for smaller files that initialize quicker. I was hoping others have had similar issues. And hopefully setting download and setting control to click on the link is the proper procedure.

Aprilcaicai
2016/11/02 22:30:21

Hello, please tell me which action you used to download video on BotChief. Download Files or DownloadLocationSet?

You'd better send the screenshot of your module action list to us.

Also if it needs to take 2 minutes to download on your browser manaully, when you use BotChief, you can try to set a larger time out to download the video. Thanks

Constantine89h
2016/11/03 14:45:26

Issue gets resolved in download location set if you increase the timeout for large files. That should do the trick for anyone else having issues, increasing the timeout.

But now I am having more complex issues. I am using control operate to click on a button to go to the next page. I have done this successfully before however this page has a lot of javascript and iframe. I think because of that the bot is having a difficult time knowing where to click. Is there a guide or some guidance to resolve this issue? Yes, the correct find html item is selected in green. During the test run, it executes and goes to the correct page. However, in debug mode where I try to run the bot and watch it, it doesn't seem to go click on the element. The run then fails, but says it failed to find a step that should be 5 places afterward. So I am a little confused which step is actually failing. According to the bot, its the other step, but watching the bot, I can tell it does not click on the button correctly. Any advice??

Aprilcaicai
2016/11/03 23:42:28

If you use the debug window to run your bot, and it does not click the right element on the page which means your bot does not find the correct control. You can try to do it like this:

Add a Control Operate action, on its settings, set the Event to Onclick, and then add another Control Operation action, set the Event to Click the control on the page.

Wish this is clear.

<< < 1> >>
VerifyCode
Advanced Option